Supervision is a formal arrangement for counsellors to discuss their work regularly with someone who is experienced in counselling and supervision.
The task is to work together to ensure and develop the efficiency of the counsellor/client relationship.
Professional supervision is a process to maintain adequate standards of counselling and a method of consultancy to widen the horizons of an experienced practitioner.
Who needs to have a Professional Supervisor?
- All practising counsellors;
- Any person whose job has a large component that involves them dealing with people in crisis;
- Most professionals who work in the Human Services industry;
- Any other person who believes it would be advantageous; and
- Professional Supervisors.